For further information on Crime Reduction:http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/crime_reduction/crime_reduction_main.asp
WAYS TO CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICEAll enquiries
- 0845 4567000 This number is to be used for all calls to the Police that are none urgent (crime reporting, lost property etc) Please tell the person who answers the phone exactly why you are calling and let them decide who to put you in contact with.Emergencies
- 999 This number is to be used for all Emergencies.An Emergency is:
· Where there is danger to life or a risk of injury.
· Where a crime is in progress or believed to be in progress.
· Where an offender is still at the scene or has just left.Crimestoppers
- 0800 555 111 If you have information about a crime, telephone West Country Crimestoppers. Your call is free. You do not have to give you name and you may qualify for an award.Voice Mail
- If you know the staff/collar number of the person you wish to contact, you can leave messages on their voice mail system. This will allow you to contact them without having to go through the standard telephone switchboard. Dial; 01935 402268 and when prompted dial 7 followed by the staff/collar number (if the number has 3 digits put a 0 in front).Email
- If you have access to an E-mail system then you can contact an employee of the constabulary by entering the following formula <first name>.<last name>@avonandsomerset.police.uk